Thursday, October 11, 2012

Status Update - on my list


I have a list. A "30 before I'm 30" list. And I'm currently 28, 10 months and 11 days old. Recently I took a look at my list. I am pretty aware of what I put, but I needed to just look over the whole list together. Here are some highlights thus far:
  • Goal #14 - Blog weekly. Clearly the time between Sept. 16 and Oct. 11 is longer than a week. But I am blogging right now. 
  • Goal #9 – Be a counselor for missionaries – Thanks to many of you, that happened this July when I served on the member care team for a missions conference.
  • Goal #16 – got to an amusement park – Did that twice this summer. Kings Island with family and Carowinds with Kate. 
 
  • Goal #13 - Visit my friend Lauren in MO. I got to visit her on frequent flier miles at the beginning of September. It was quite the cultural experience to go to the public library with a 2 year old...to a Zumba class. And it was great fun to reconnect with a friend while visiting a new place.
  • Goal #6 – Get paid to train a team in the MBTI – Thanks to Heidi and her study abroad staff, I was their professional development training in September.
  • Goal #15 - I said I would read 2 books a month. I'm actually do great with this one given that I've traveled some (which gave me time to read) and I've included audiobooks on my commute. I've even kept track of the books I read on Pinterest here:
It’s pretty cool to see the progress I’ve made so far. And I’m struck by how intertwined my goals are to the lives of the people around me. Relationships are such a critical part of my life and I am grateful for the life I’ve been blessed with.