Sunday, October 21, 2012

Run

Today was beautiful. It is most certainly Fall weather and I love every second of it! I want to drink it in and hold onto it all through the winter. The colors are the most vibrant and alive. I find myself saying out loud - are you serious!  And thanking God for such creativity.

I went to Salem Lake today and went for a run. True confession, it's been a while since I did a long run. But today was awesome and reaffirmed my decision to run a 1/2 marathon in December.
Salem Lake and I have a relationship. I mean really, I LOVE being out there on a trail and smelling the leaves and listening to them crunch beneath my feet. I love that I'm out doing something good for my body and taking time away from busyness. I love that everyone I see I find myself smiling at simply because we are sharing an experience. The colors are glorious and sometimes I even have a heart to hear with God. So I'm going to plan for more time with Salem Lake, because quality time is my love language :)