Sunday, December 11, 2011

Peace ya'll

Shalom.

This week in Advent is the week of peace. Peace is something we can pursue actively and seek to create around us, rather than something we hope for in a distant future or in a distant land. It's something we can experience through Christ and something that we can maintain through the Holy Spirit. I'm having trouble holding onto it though, especially when I see pictures like this:


I was taken aback when I saw this on my newsfeed on Facebook. Neither of the people in these contrasted photos have peace. I pray we might stop this Advent season to reflect on the ways we can pursue peace in ourselves, with God and on behalf of people like those pictured above.

Peace be with you.

P.S. Consider giving a Kiva loan as a Christmas gift this year or purchasing something from Mercy Corps on behalf of someone on your Christmas list.