Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Lent - Sacrafice - Calling - Captain Planet :)

This Lenten season I've been following the World Vision ACT:S Relentless Acts of Sacrifice series that has emailed me weekly challenges that help me to consider sacrifice and incorporate it in different ways into my life. It's been overwhelming and awesome. I've participated peripherally and have saved everything so that I can continue to consider all the components they've compiled. It's great stuff.
One thing I watched tonight was a video on this week's theme: Sacrifice What Calls You. As a career counselor and someone intensely interested in our calling as Christians, I watched :) I want to share it with you because it's one man's story but he has some awesome points to ponder. And he uses great metaphors :) Here's one.


"I was disapointed by my calling and the perfect metaphor was Monty from Captain Planet."

It's a Vimeo and you can watch it here




And for an overview of this week's challenge (and some great comments by activists on calling) see this one

I want to be more like these people and look for ways to use my gifts, job, life, choices to pursue justice for our world in light of Jesus' love and sacrifice.